Friday, July 31, 2009

I met this guy at the pool at my apartment complex and he was instantly smitten. Came on strong, I was flattered and started dating him.
He told me that he was divorced and his ex-wife was a "Totally Evil Castrating Bitch" that was a blight on the face of the Earth -- ugly divorce and he seriously hated this woman. OK... remind me not to make him mad at me....
First couple of dates were fine. Then he mentioned another woman, Leslie, that had absolutely been the Love of His Life and how much I reminded him of her. But he wouldn't ever talk about why they weren't together. But I REALLY reminded him of her a lot. Foolish young thing that I was, I assumed Leslie must have died tragically or something similar.
Well, a couple of times, he'd call me on the phone, call me Leslie ( ) -- I did tell him had the wrong number and hang up! -- he'd call back and apologize (but I really reminded him of her!!) and we'd go on.
Finally, one night in bed, he called me Leslie.
I got up, told him to get dressed and get out -- if he couldn't manage to remember I wasn't this Leslie chick, then I was not sleeping with him! Who the hell is she anyway?!?!
Turns out, Leslie was the Evil Ex-Wife.
OMG!!!!
Obviously, he had too many issues for me to deal with and wasn't ready for another relationship. Booted him out and never spoke to him again. Not for lack of trying on his part, but I wasn't going to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment